Nowadays, it has become possible to find Legacy garage openers of different brands. You can also supply these systems with various remote controls. The system of Legacy is not so popular and commonly used as the LiftMaster, Genie, and Craftsman garage door openers. Nevertheless, Legacy is commonly used by garage owners around the United States of America.
Legacy garage door openers give a wonderful opportunity to program one's motor to many different remote controls. In this way, you won't need to install any wires. Undoubtedly, similar remotes tend to stop working for this or that reason. It may also happen that signals are lost. But these problems can be easily solved. The only thing you'll need to do is to reset and reprogram your Legacy garage door opener in a few minutes. Isn't it good and simple?
Tips on Reprogramming a Legacy Garage Door Opener
1. Push and hold the button "Prog" on your wireless keypad. After that push and hold the button "6" and the buttons with the triangles “up” and “down”. You need to release all these buttons at the same time. This procedure will reset your keypad.
2. Then in order press buttons “3-5-7” and “Prog” on your keypad. Wait until you see the blink of light on the indicator.
3. Imagine any passcode and enter it on your keypad. After that press button "Prog". Wait until you see the blink of light on the indicator twice. This will confirm that your remote control is being programmed.
4. Press button "Learn Code" on your keypad and slowly enter your personal passcode.
5. Push button "arrow up/arrow down" three times resetting the keypad for your garage door opener.
6. Press button "learn" on the motor and then push and hold button "Open" on your remote control to relearn the signal to the remote. Don't leave the button until you see flashing of the indicator's light on your remote.
7. Take out the batteries in your remote control or keypad, then it's recommended to switch the power on and off on your motor. After that repeat the upper given steps if the troubleshooting turned out to be unsuccessful.
Interesting Information about a Legacy Garage Door Opener Remote
A garage door opener can be rightfully called a motorized mechanism that opens and closes the garage doors. The greater number of these mechanisms is operated with the help of switches which are usually located on the garage wall. They can be also controlled by specially designed remote controls which most of drivers take with them in their vehicles or on keychains.
A traditional electric garage door opener includes a power unit with an electric motor. Usually, the power unit is fixed to a track. And a trolley fixed on the garage door's top slides back and forth along the track. This helps to open and close the garage door.
The latest stage of development of garage door openers offers a frequency spectrum of 300-400 MHz. The greater number of the transmitters and receivers work with the usage of unique codes that make these garage door openers very secure and safe. In this way, undesired people can't record a code and use it to open a garage door. The manufacturers of this type of garage door openers claim it to be impossible for other people but the owner to open the garage with the remote.
So, if you want your property to be completely safe and secure inside your garage, you're recommended to purchase a Legacy garage door opener that will guarantee safety to your vehicle and everything you may keep in your garage.